Online Learning Material Resources
These resource links were made available for students affected by school closures due to the Covid-19 pandemic. They remain for your use as required.
A majority of the sites have been developed in Australia, many with original resources.
Unless otherwise stated the resources are free.
Remember one group is not Australian. Check carefully to be sure they conform to Australian needs.
- Academy School Education Programs
- Australian Museum - Inside Out
- Australian National Maritime Museum [NSW]
- New ! Bebras 365 [CSIRO]
- New ! Bebras Mini Challenges [CSIRO]
- New ! Bebras Unplugged [CSIRO]
- Digital Classroom - National Library of Australia
- Drama NSW
- Early Education - ABC Kids
- Home Learning - Resources for Students and Families [ACT]
- HSC 2021 - State Library of NSW
- Museum at Home - Museums Victoria
- National Museum of Australia [ACT]
- New ! Online resources parents need to make it easier to homeschool during the coronavirus crisis - ABC Radio
- Our Learning SA
- New ! Questacon at home — Fun science activities for kids
- School on TV! - ABC ME
- State Library Victoria
- ACARA - Resources for parents and carers
- New !
Learning Potential [Aust. Govt.]
‘Helping you to support your child’s learning’.
- New ! Home Learning : Resources for Students and Families [ACT]
- New !
DART Learning - Bringing the world to your classroom
‘Our website allows teachers, parents and students to find incredible Live, By Request, or On Demand learning experiences offered by museums, galleries, research institutes, scientists, writers, athletes, artists, educational organisations, musicians, zoos and many more’.
- New ! Learning from home [NSW]
- New ! Learning from home support [NSW]
- New ! Online Study Tips [TAFE NSW]
- New ! Resource Library [NSW]
- New ! Supporting student learning and wellbeing [NSW]
- New !
Teaching and Learning Resources
‘Advice and resources to support your teaching. Includes Resource Library [see above], Digital learning opportunities, External digital resources and much more’.
- Preschool STEM Games [Northern Territory]
- Learning@home [Queensland]
- New ! Resources for Parents [Queensland]
- New ! Learning Together at Home Program [South Australia]
- New ! Learning at Home [Tasmania]
- FUSE [Victoria]
- Learning from home in a school setting [Victoria]
- Play-based learning for preschoolers [Victoria]
- STEM skills [Victoria]
- New ! Learning at home [Western Australia]
- Learning resources by year level [Western Australia]
- Learning resources from across the nation [Western Australia]
- Science Space [NSW]
- Taronga TV [NSW]
- The Australian Ballet - Steamdance Online [Victoria]
- New !
The Best Online Resources for Australian Kids
Learning From Home [Newy]
‘The internet is full of thousands of online teaching resources, some better quality than others. Here is a list of free online activities for students. You will notice that many of the websites are Australian as we wanted to include quality links that align with the Australian curriculum. However, we’ve also included other high quality resources to support children’s learning’.
- New !
‘We’ve put together this Remote and Home Learning Support page with remote learning ideas and information for t eachers and parents during potential home learning times. All content is written by qualified Australian teachers and aligned to the Australian Curriculum’.
- Wootube – Find joy in learning mathematics
- Zoos Victoria Online
- 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours
- 22 Museums and Theme Parks offering virtual tours
- 30 Amazing Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos, and Theme Parks
- New ! 200 Free Kids Educational Resources : Lessons, Apps, Books, Websites … [Open Culture]
- BBC Teach [UK]
- Exploratorium [USA]
- Learning from home - Resources [NZ]
- Learning Library [NZ]
- National Geographic Society - Education
- Online Maths4all [UK]
- Open Culture - 200 Free Kids Educational Resources
- Science Education Resources [Canada]
- Teaching Resources - Google for Education
- The 75 Best Virtual Museum Tours [US/World]